• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to file malpractice in Indiana? Emergency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colgatd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
Help! Emergency. Lawyer hasn't done a thing. Won't talk to us. I only have today to sign plea agreement. have to drop lawyer first. paid him $2k. Need to file for malpractice/misrepresentation - whatever it's called. How do I do that? Does it cost money? I'm very poor and had to borrow that money from family. HELP!

nrknlknek

I'm sorry to break the news, but malpractice claims against lawyers almost never work. You can file a grievance with the state attorney diciplinary board (or whatever it is called in Indiana), but unless you can prove that he took money from his client trust account or some other financial misdeed, they probably won't even investigate. Since the people who govern lawyers are also lawyers, it is a little like hiring the fox to guard the hen house.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm sorry to break the news, but malpractice claims against lawyers almost never work. You can file a grievance with the state attorney diciplinary board (or whatever it is called in Indiana), but unless you can prove that he took money from his client trust account or some other financial misdeed, they probably won't even investigate. Since the people who govern lawyers are also lawyers, it is a little like hiring the fox to guard the hen house.
You are wrong. Quit posting unless you can back up what you are saying. Grievances can be filed and are investigated however that is different than suing a lawyer for malpractice. Until you have actual knowledge do not post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">