• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help firing the public defender!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmansgirl

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

(previous post) We can not afford to hire an attorney therefore we will need to retain another public defender because the one that was assigned to my husbands case is not doing anything for him. she has not even attempted to see or talk to him let alone keep him inform of the court proceedings. when I spoke to her she was very rude, she didn't give me any helpful information and she even cursed several times during our conversation. so we need to know how to fire her IMMEDIATELY

at the preliminary hearing my husband addressed the court and informed the judge he could not proceed because he wanted to fire his public defender. his motion was DENIED :mad: :mad: what can we do now besides paying for a real lawyer???

D

D.B. Cooper

Tell the dirt bag that you want him to withdraw, and ask the court to appiont another pd. And then tell him if he is still your attorney in (#days) you will be filing multiple grievences against him, maybe even show him copies of the 10 you alrady have drawn up. PDs like this will send you down the river quick if you let them. Make his life hell.

C

cmansgirl

public defender

Is there anything else we can do? We don't have the money to pay for a lawyer and the public defender he was appointment is very adament about her nor being removed as council. In fact it seemed like her and the judge were in cahoots about not removing her because even before my husband addressed the court the judge had already made faces.

D

D.B. Cooper

Of course thier in cohoots, your causing trouble for the systems facade. They will reappiont someone else, however most pds are crap. do the above, if that does not work, file a motion asking to represent yourself, if granted reapply for a court appionted attorney, if not, ask for a continuance while you appeal. Make sure you are always on the record. You should immediatly start filing grievences againt this loser pd, starting tomorrow, they need to answer these, and you will have subpeona power, they hate this, especially if its a young pd that is hoping for a brighter future. If none of the above work then thier is all types of ways to disrupt the court system until you get what you want, starting with filing massive amounts of WRITTEN motions. Don't worry about pissing anyone off, or them treating you worse. In the judges eyes you are already a guilty piece of crap. If that pd wanted off your case, the black roped demi god would have known, and it would have been granted.

C

cmansgirl

I don't understand

you said "They will reappiont someone else"
How when the judge denied his motion to remove her? he had valid reasons to and it was still denied

"file a motion asking to represent yourself, if granted reapply for a court appointed attorney"
If you want to represent yourself doesn't that basically mean that your on your own? Will they automatically give him one when he reapplies? What gaurantee do we have that works?

"ask for a continuance while you appeal"
What kind of continuance? and what appeal does he file?

"Make sure you are always on the record".
Does that mean with the clerk typing his words on that machine?

"You should immediatly start filing grievences againt this loser pd"
how do we do that and what justifies a grievance? that she isn't doing anything to get him a deal? she's never attempted to speak to my husband let alone keep him informed of his court proceedings? she was speaking to the police officers and DA outside of the courtroom about his case? she's rude and curses? her family is known for smoking marijuana. things like that?

"they need to answer these, and you will have subpeona power"
who answers them? we can subpoena their response?

"there is all types of ways to disrupt the court system until you get what you want starting with filing massive amounts of WRITTEN motions"
can you tell me a little bit more about how to do this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">