• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need serious help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

proudmom215

im located in phila pa and have a case in family court they appointed me a lawyer who I havnt been happy with since day 1 weve been going to court for the past 2yrs with my so called lawyer doing nothing for me literally to make matters worse I have no communication with her except the day of court due to her not having any working phone number point is she hasn't an isn't helping me with my case in no shape or form ive complained numerous times to many people yet was told that since she was a court appointed lawyer that I was unable to get another lawyer ???? also if I wanted her off my case I would have to go to court or ask the judge ??? not sure what to do or how to get rid of her but don't want her services anymore since she hasn't done her job im very very upset an angry cause I feel as if she kinda made things worse for me by not sticking by me or fighting me and really need some advice or answers on how to get this taken care of for once and for all please

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
im located in phila pa and have a case in family court they appointed me a lawyer who I havnt been happy with since day 1 weve been going to court for the past 2yrs with my so called lawyer doing nothing for me literally to make matters worse I have no communication with her except the day of court due to her not having any working phone number point is she hasn't an isn't helping me with my case in no shape or form ive complained numerous times to many people yet was told that since she was a court appointed lawyer that I was unable to get another lawyer ???? also if I wanted her off my case I would have to go to court or ask the judge ??? not sure what to do or how to get rid of her but don't want her services anymore since she hasn't done her job im very very upset an angry cause I feel as if she kinda made things worse for me by not sticking by me or fighting me and really need some advice or answers on how to get this taken care of for once and for all please
You can hire your own attorney...

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Court appointed attorneys are not for your every day run-of-the-mill family law cases. What's really going on? :cool:

quincy

Here is a link to 234 Pennsylvania Code Rule 122, Appointment of Counsel: http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/234/chapter1/s122.html

Please note (C) where it says: "A motion for change of counsel by a defendant for whom counsel has been appointed shall not be granted except for substantial reasons."

You have not stated any reasons yet that seem "substantial," so I am not sure that a change of attorneys would be granted by the judge in your case (at least based on what you have posted so far). Court-appointed attorneys often have extremely large case loads and cannot keep in contact with their clients as frequently as a private attorney might.

Would you care to explain in more detail, as TheGeekess has requested, what is going on in your case (leaving out all personal identifying information)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">