• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was taken advantage of by my Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juliev

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My family was being sued. My attorney told us this would never make it to court and would cost us around $30,000 I have paid him $90,000 and we lost. Now he tells us we owe him another $6,000 that we don't feel we owe. It was for things like a microfish viewer that he was going to use in court but could not figure it out. I asked him to write off the charges considering the out come but he refuses. WHAT CAN I DO?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dandy Don

Is the $6,000 billed on an invoice that shows number of billable hours and an itemized, exact description of the legal services performed or is the invoice just billing for the machine?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">