• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invisable Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gillsmom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS!

My attorney filed a real estate fraud case on my behalf last Sept. He had had the case since last April. My question: How can I get him to stay in touch with me? I know the parties served have answered and the attorney is "working on the case responding to discovery from the other defendants". He emailed me this bit of info on 12/07. Today, I phoned him, again, to get an update. I have phoned and emailed him numerous times since last April and all I get are crumbs. I have asked him for copies of all the documents/communications he has received and he still refuses to send/email or fax it to me. I know I have a legal right to all the information. What can I do to get him to cooperate?:confused:

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS!

My attorney filed a real estate fraud case on my behalf last Sept. He had had the case since last April. My question: How can I get him to stay in touch with me? I know the parties served have answered and the attorney is "working on the case responding to discovery from the other defendants". He emailed me this bit of info on 12/07. Today, I phoned him, again, to get an update. I have phoned and emailed him numerous times since last April and all I get are crumbs. I have asked him for copies of all the documents/communications he has received and he still refuses to send/email or fax it to me. I know I have a legal right to all the information. What can I do to get him to cooperate?:confused:
Call and tell your attorney what day and time you will be at his office to pick up the documents. Make sure you let him know that you are aware that you will be charged for the time to prepare the copies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">