• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judge unfair ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tonyho

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
i am living Pennsylvania, but had the case in New Jersey.
At the court, i pleaded not guilty . The gaming fishing officer did not present at the time the judge called out my case. Mr. Prosecutor and the Judge dismissed the case. I sat back in the court room with my friends whom pleaded guilty the same charge with me. The gaming fishing officer later arrived . After, the Judge called out the last case, he called the three of us and the Officer to his bench. Later, all three of us was giving a hefty fine. I forgot to mention the Judge that he was dismissed my just 1/2 hour ago, but anyway, i had no chance because his time was up. He asked me if i want a trial if i am not agree. I told him : i live in PA and drove 2 hours to New Jersey, i can't afford to take day off from work and a long drive. However, i was still upsetting with my unfair judment. Should i request an appeal ? Is it worth the appeal to against the Judge? What is the cost for the appeal. My conviction was $100 + the court cost = $278. What is my chance ? I appricate on all advice and feed back. Again, thank you for reading my broken English post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">