• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge's order containing libel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Laura Erckman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

If a judge makes libelous statements in an official "order", based upon an attorneys false accusations, rather than fact, what is the best action to take?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

We only have your claim that the attorney's accusations are false. They may be. They may not be. No evidence has been presented to back you up.

latigo

How are you defining the English word “libel”?

Because I can tell you what it doesn’t mean. It is not an unfavorable court ruling!

And for your much needed enlightenment judges DO NOT ISSUE ORDERS BASED UPON AN ATTORNEY’S ACCUSATIONS!

Judicial orders result from findings of fact adduced from the evidence and conclusions of law applicable to those findings.

To assert that they are based on “accusations” shows your abject ignorance of the judicial processes in the United States.

Furthermore, any so-called “accusations” are made on behalf of the attorney’s client. And your fight was with the client - not his attorney - whom you probably never laid eyes on until he walked into the courtroom.
______

As disgruntled and outspoken as you are over the court’s adverse decision, THEN APPEAL FROM IT!

But you’d better to it timely and be able to convince an appellate court that there is no substantial evidence in the trial record to support that ‘libelous” decision.

Most states also have litigation privilege which bars defamation during litigation. It prevents people from trying to re litigate the case or reprisals against witnesses, attorneys, and other parties.

Laura Erckman

Your statement that judge's orders result from findings of fact is how the system is supposed to work. My posting was not in any way connected to not liking the result. The order which came from the court has statements based on absolutely no findings nor facts because they are simply not true.

Example: Defendant paid his personal attorney fees from his business checking account.

Fact: All attorney fees were paid by a personal credit card. There were no checks from any checking account. Thus the statement is not based on any findings or facts and is in fact libelous.

Proserpina

Your statement that judge's orders result from findings of fact is how the system is supposed to work. My posting was not in any way connected to not liking the result. The order which came from the court has statements based on absolutely no findings nor facts because they are simply not true.

Example: Defendant paid his personal attorney fees from his business checking account.

Fact: All attorney fees were paid by a personal credit card. There were no checks from any checking account. Thus the statement is not based on any findings or facts and is in fact libelous.

Are you serious?

tranquility

A judge will have a level of immunity such that anyone who disagrees, for any reason, even if completely legitimate, will have to disagree with an attorney. Not just an attorney, but one from a large firm. This is hard work, well beyond an internet question.

BendOverIA

YES THEY DO.

I am here for that very reason. Their wasn't a stich of evidence in my case let alone at least 5 different items that were lied about WITH PROOF from myself and I still lost.

Iowa judges had better be on the lookout, there's a storm moving in.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Nope - doesn't rise to the level of libel, even if it weren't a judge writing it in to a court order.

TigerD

Are you actually threatening judges on a legal advice forum? Do you have any idea just how easy it is for LE to find you and have a chat about your threats?

DC

HomeGuru

YES THEY DO.

I am here for that very reason. Their wasn't a stich of evidence in my case let alone at least 5 different items that were lied about WITH PROOF from myself and I still lost.

**A: are you talking about your animal case and getting fired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">