• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judicial misconduct?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michael73

so what did the HR department say when you talk directly to them? A judge is accustomed to claiming authority. It is not uncommon for a person in any position that is similar to claim authority in all issues they are involved in. Doesn't mean they actually have that authority and if nobody questions them, by default they do have that authority.
They are doing what he said. Waiting until January, even though they previously said it would be taken care of by the end of summer.

justalayman

They are doing what he said. Waiting until January, even though they previously said it would be taken care of by the end of summer.
I got a tooth!!!! I got a tooth!!!!

so now, read LdiJ's post. It does make a difference who your employer is.

then read everything on this website:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-61256_11407_59886_27909---,00.html

michael73

It very much matters who your employers is. Its your employer that has misclassified you. Therefore your complaint is against your employer, specifically. If your employer happens to be the county then I can think of several reason why they might not address it until the start of a new budget year. They may be legally constrained from making a change like that during a budget year.

If your employer is a private company contracted by the county, then your beef is with the private company. The county has nothing to do with it.
I have already said THE JUVENILE COURT HIRES US. IT IS A COURT SCHOOL RUN BY THE COURT. It is not sub-contracted to another agency. I also realize the county is the one that's going to take the hit for this. But apparently the judge is the one making executive decisions. BTW The budget was already approved OCT 1. That's the start of the budget year. Not January. From what I have just read, if the state comes in to audit based on a complaint and finds they are knowingly employing people as IC's they force them to make the change immediately-not when they feel like it. See below from Michigan.gov

Penalties could result
When UIA finds an employer has been misclassifying its employees, the agency requires the
liable employer to:
􀂃 Pay the required unemployment taxes
􀂃 Become the liable employer immediately, as required by the MES Act
􀂃 Be scheduled for future audits to ensure compliance
If the employee misclassification continues, it is then an intentional violation of state law, and the
employer could be subjected to penalties that quadruple the amount of taxes owed on any
misclassified wages.

michael73

I got a tooth!!!! I got a tooth!!!!

so now, read LdiJ's post. It does make a difference who your employer is.

then read everything on this website:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-61256_11407_59886_27909---,00.html

Oh my God people, I know who the hell my employer is. I was saying it doesn't make a difference because it sounded like you guys were asking me to divulge who it is. I KNOW it's the county. This is way off track now.

justalayman

Oh my God people, I know who the hell my employer is. I was saying it doesn't make a difference because it sounded like you guys were asking me to divulge who it is. I KNOW it's the county. This is way off track now.
You were asked several times because you have put all power within the judges control. Depending on exactly who your employer is, you may be correct in that or you may be completely wrong. People are trying to help you so you can either provide what is asked so they can or take an answer that is that much less dependable because everybody is working on assumptions. Your choice.

nobody wants to argue with you. Everybody is trying to help you. If you want it, fine. If not, be on your way.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You sure are polite to the volunteers trying to help you :rolleyes:

quincy

A few counties in Michigan have gone to 4 year budgets. It is entirely possible that the county in question has all of their funds earmarked for other projects/programs/departments so would have problems making additional changes this year.

You could complain to your County Administrator, michael73, if your HR Department is of no help.

Again, though, your concerns do not appear to have anything to do with judicial misconduct.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">