• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jury duty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

violas

What is the name of your state?Washington

I have just received a jury summons to be on jury duty. I would love to be on a jury. What can I do to increase my chances of being picked to serve on a jury? Thanks

HomeGuru

violas said:

I have just received a jury summons to be on jury duty. I would love to be on a jury. What can I do to increase my chances of being picked to serve on a jury? Thanks
**A: do you have a job and are you a US citzen?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

violas said:

My response:

What's your history? Criminal? Drugs? Arrests?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

violas said:

My response:

Your silence speaks volumes.

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
First of all, congratulations on your willingness to serve. Far too many people are looking for a way to get out of it.

However, there's really nothing you can do other than showing up, to increase your chances of being picked. If it's a lower court, it's going to be pretty much at random. If it's a higher court, what the attorneys are looking for in an ideal jury member is going to vary with the case.

At least, that's been my experience with jury duty as a potential juror (I've been called four times). I am not an attorney.

violas

Thanks cbq. I told everyone at work that I was called for jury duty. The first thing someone said to me were the different things I could do to try to get out of doing jury duty. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">