• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile subpoena for murder case- need info FAST

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trista

What is the name of your state? california

A juvenile has been subpoenad to testify tomorrow in a murder case that will almost indefiately endanger her and her daughters' life as a result. When she refused investigaters told her shes risking the possibility of having her daughter taken away and losing custody, though her daughter has nothing to do with the case other than being related to the deceased.
Threats regarding her testimony have already been made advising her what to do 'or else'
She is not the only witness, several others will be testifying tomorrow also. Can anything be done to keep her off the stand or is she obligated even though it more than likely have life threatening consequences?

badapple40

She is obligated, but she needs to contact the police department immediately and have them place her and her daughter in protective custody; she may need to also have them place her in the witness protection program.

stephenk

you wait until the afternoon before the date of testimony to ask for advice? How long have you known about the subpoena? Have you even consulted with an attorney?

Trista

this is happening to someone i know, Obviously i didnt know the details until

today...yes a day before the trial, but being that this all unfolded 4 days ago anyways, that didnt give her much time for preparations either. But hey, thanks for the helpful advice, your time was appreciated. I'll be sure to give her the messege.

stephenk said:
you wait until the afternoon before the date of testimony to ask for advice? How long have you known about the subpoena? Have you even consulted with an attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">