• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is the Law tougher on Lawyers in certain cases?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

partisan-entity

Hello,

Is the Law (in America) tougher on Lawyers?

I have heard that in some countries, the Law is a little harsher on Lawyers in certain fields because they are expected to know how the legal system works and also how far they can push laws. Is this correct?

What are such laws called and does something like this exist in the USA?

Or are Lawyers treated as equal to any other citizen in all fields of the Law?

Thank you in advance.

HomeGuru

partisan-entity said:
Hello,

Is the Law (in America) tougher on Lawyers?

I have heard that in some countries, the Law is a little harsher on Lawyers in certain fields because they are expected to know how the legal system works and also how far they can push laws. Is this correct?

What are such laws called and does something like this exist in the USA?

Or are Lawyers treated as equal to any other citizen in all fields of the Law?

Thank you in advance.
**A: this is a US Law website, not a legal expedition on other countries.

partisan-entity

HomeGuru said:
**A: this is a US Law website,
Thanks,

I guess that's why I asked a question about how the Law treats Lawyers in America.

HomeGuru said:
not a legal expedition on other countries.
This was uncalled for, so:

Go back and take some time to read my question, you might notice that the other countries were mentioned as an example. That comment was obviously not the heart of the question.

Might I suggest an expedition into the English language?

This is my first post at this forum, and so far I must say I am not impressed.

Hopefully there are others here who take this a little more seriously, I really need this information and if any informed lawyers have some time to help me out I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

HomeGuru

partisan-entity said:
Thanks,

I guess that's why I asked a question about how the Law treats Lawyers in America.

This was uncalled for, so:

Go back and take some time to read my question, you might notice that the other countries were mentioned as an example. That comment was obviously not the heart of the question.

Might I suggest an expedition into the English language?

This is my first post at this forum, and so far I must say I am not impressed.

Hopefully there are others here who take this a little more seriously, I really need this information and if any informed lawyers have some time to help me out I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance.
**A: go back and read the print regarding posting the name of your state.
We can't help ignorant idiots.

partisan-entity

HomeGuru said:
**A: go back and read the print regarding posting the name of your state.
We can't help ignorant idiots.
ignorant idiots? You're the one who misunderstood the questions genius. Go waste someone elses time little one.

HomeGuru

partisan-entity said:
ignorant idiots? You're the one who misunderstood the questions genius. Go waste someone elses time little one.

**A: you are trying to play a scam and got caught. The reason you did not answer the "what is the name of your state" question is because you are not in the US. You are in Vienna, Austria as noted from your traced IP address. That's right.

HomeGuru

partisan-entity said:
Is this site for Americans only, or about US Law only?

**A: it does not matter since no one is going to help you now. Now who is the smart one. You just lost yourself free legal advice here by being the Austrian jerk that you really are.

partisan-entity

HomeGuru said:
**A: it does not matter since no one is going to help you now. Now who is the smart one. You just lost yourself free legal advice here by being the Austrian jerk that you really are.
To be honest I did not read the forum rules when I signed up. I was simply looking for a law forum in the USA.

If this site is for those in the USA only then it's my bad and I offer my apologies to you HomeGuru.

HomeGuru

partisan-entity said:
To be honest I did not read the forum rules when I signed up. I was simply looking for a law forum in the USA.

If this site is for those in the USA only then it's my bad and I offer my apologies to you HomeGuru.

**A: OK, then good day.

partisan-entity

Does anyone know of a well known law forum open to those outside the USA?

My question is about the USA and it's laws which is why I posted this question here.

I am not actually looking for legal advice, just general legal knowledge concerning laws in the USA. I don't have a case requiring advice, it was simply a discussion about laws.

Finally, to be fair, when signing up, the forum rules do not mention the requirement to be in the USA. (Perhaps this could be ammended for the future).

Although I do see the text saying "US Law Only...", I thought this would apply to anyone asking a question about US Law regardless of their geographic location.

I hope this clears up the misunderstanding.
Thanks.

HomeGuru

partisan-entity said:
Does anyone know of a well known law forum open to those outside the USA?

My question is about the USA and it's laws which is why I posted this question here.

I am not actually looking for legal advice, just general legal knowledge concerning laws in the USA. I don't have a case requiring advice, it was simply a discussion about laws.

Finally, to be fair, when signing up, the forum rules do not mention the requirement to be in the USA. (Perhaps this could be ammended for the future).

Although I do see the text saying "US Law Only...", I thought this would apply to anyone asking a question about US Law regardless of their geographic location.

I hope this clears up the misunderstanding.
Thanks.
**A: oh brother, did you NOT read my post? Ok, look at the post below that I quoted.

HomeGuru

Here it is- I quote:

HomeGuru said:

partisan-entity

HomeGuru said:
Here it is- I quote:
I understood your post, and I apologised for the misunderstanding.

I'm not sure if your reaction is based on the amount of scam you get, but I think everyone deserves a second chance, especially since I am trying to explain how the misunderstanding came to being.

You have to understand that since I was not out to scam, I was both shocked and offended by your initial comment because I had no idea why you replied like that. You in turn thought I was scamming and responded to me based on that assumption, and things went from there.

I am also simply asking if anyone could at least inform me of other fora concerning American law if I have already been put on the red list indefinately.

Thanks.

HomeGuru

partisan-entity said:
I understood your post, and I apologised for the misunderstanding.

I'm not sure if your reaction is based on the amount of scam you get, but I think everyone deserves a second chance, especially since I am trying to explain how the misunderstanding came to being.

You have to understand that since I was not out to scam, I was both shocked and offended by your initial comment because I had no idea why you replied like that. You in turn thought I was scamming and responded to me based on that assumption, and things went from there.

I am also simply asking if anyone could at least inform me of other fora concerning American law if I have already been put on the red list indefinately.

Thanks.
**A: you are not only red-listed but black-listed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">