• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

laws or policy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hobsonave

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oklahoma

Is is a law or only lawyer policy that you cannot get a second opinion on whether your current lawyer is handling your case competently. I do not believe this is a conflict of interest. You can get a second opionion on any thing else, why not a lawyers competency?

latigo

If you think that is a problem, trying getting a doctor to critique another doctor.

Anyhow, some attorneys are just reluctant to second-guess a colleague. In many cases it is because they don’t have privy to all the information the other attorney has. Moreover it is considered unethical for one attorney to counsel someone that is being represented in an on going lawsuit.

When people come to me under that circumstance, I tell them to settle with the attorney, bring me the file and then we'll talk.

Obviously you are not totally comfortable with your attorney which is a good reason to hire someone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">