• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer Acountability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Questionair

If a client consults a lawyer with regards to the legality of any particular issue, and the lawyer states that something is in fact legal, and it later turns out to be not legal... what would be the re-precautions to the client, and what would be the re-precautions to the lawyer

latigo

what would be the re-precautions (sic) to the client, and what would be the re-precautions (sic) to the lawyer
If you intend to communicate in English, you might consider purchasing and using a dictionary of the language. However, don’t look for one containing “re-precautions”!

Precaution/ “A measure taken in advance to prevent something dangerous, unpleasant or inconvenient from happening.”

Repercussion/ “An unintended consequence occurring some time after an event or action, esp. an unwelcome one; the recoil of something after impact; an echo or reverberation."

Hot Topic

I think the desired word is "repercussions."

How reliable was the source who denied that "something" was legal?

The question is too vague to give an exact answer.

Questionair

I think the desired word is "repercussions."

How reliable was the source who denied that "something" was legal?

The question is too vague to give an exact answer.
first of, thanks to anyone who tried to answer, my apologies for my spelling... yes repercussions is what i meant,

My question/ situation, for elaboration/ iteration is this:

I am thinking of selling a product (vaporizers), since the product can potentially be used for drugs, i am concerned and want to be safe rather then sorry... therefore if i go to a lawyer for consultation, and he informs me that its 100% legal as long as i dont market it to drug users, i want to be 100% safe, and am worried as to what if the lawyer is to be wrong? on the one hand i would do due diligence by having a lawyer instigate, on the other hand however, its my ass... so what would happen if the lawyer is wrong?

Questionair

If you intend to communicate in English, you might consider purchasing and using a dictionary of the language. However, don’t look for one containing “re-precautions”!

Precaution/ “A measure taken in advance to prevent something dangerous, unpleasant or inconvenient from happening.”

Repercussion/ “An unintended consequence occurring some time after an event or action, esp. an unwelcome one; the recoil of something after impact; an echo or reverberation."
Wow, thank you so very much for your useful comment, my sincere apologies, my spell checker has misguided me in this case, though i think a man with your understanding of the language might be able to derive the actual meaning of the word from the content of the actual phrase, but anyways. thank you for taking the time to quote the dictionaries and trying to clarify the post for anyone who might not see past my spelling pitfall.

for clarification, Repercussion is what was meant (as stated in above message).

Again thanks :)

first of, thanks to anyone who tried to answer, my apologies for my spelling... yes repercussions is what i meant,

My question/ situation, for elaboration/ iteration is this:

I am thinking of selling a product (vaporizers), since the product can potentially be used for drugs, i am concerned and want to be safe rather then sorry... therefore if i go to a lawyer for consultation, and he informs me that its 100% legal as long as i dont market it to drug users, i want to be 100% safe, and am worried as to what if the lawyer is to be wrong? on the one hand i would do due diligence by having a lawyer instigate, on the other hand however, its my ass... so what would happen if the lawyer is wrong?
If you're going to get the advice from a lawyer anyways, why don't you ask him what may happen if his advice turns out to be wrong. Also, any good lawyer is not going to give you an unqualified "it's 100% legal."

tranquility

That is a complex question. While it is conceivable a written opinion could mitigate some level of intent, depending on the eventually charged statute that may or may not help. An error in the legal advice that does not meet the standards and practices of the industry which causes you damages, would be grounds for a malpractice suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">