• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lAWYER CHARGING TWICE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KirkW

nEW jERSEY---- I hired a lawyer for a traffic ticket,(it was form letters you get from lawyers,ads really). I told the lawyer I had another ticket,besides the one he wrote me about,he told me to pay a fee,and he would take care of it. I paid the fee,and much to my surprise,I got a notice from the court,that I would be held in contempt of court for not coming to the hearing . contacted the lawyer he tells me that he forgot about that court,and only was dealing with the other court,not to mention that the court he forgot about was the court he had a record of in the first place,and to make matters worse,he wants to charge me another fee,to take the case.

My question,is this fair? Can a lawyer charge you for a case he forgot about?I

JETX

My question,is this fair? Can a lawyer charge you for a case he forgot about?I
Of course he can charge you... if he is going to provide actual legal services.
However, I wouldn't give him any additional money until he is able to 'undo' the damages from his failure to represent you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">