• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawyer conflict of interest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hollis

What is the name of your state? NY

Relatives are contesting the sale to me after the death of my partner in an LLC. They apparently not happy with what the operating agreement contract has to say about determining the sale price. Essentially they are doing a pocket veto and just not responding. I plan on sending what the operating agreement says with a notation both on the check and a letter stating that what it is for etc.
The problem that makes me uneasy is that one of the relatives have hired a lawyer that used to represent me a few years ago. I feel he may be privy to a number of things I would rather him not and feel at a disadvantage in this situation. Can I make an issue of this? If so who would you complain to (I have been told that the bar association is NOT a good place to lodge a complaint.) The state is NY.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">