• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer didnt pay medical bills!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scoobystyle

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I was in a car accident in 2000 and i got a lawyer to help me with all the legalitys. Well we settled in 2002. I had problems getting them on the ball to get my bills paid even though they had the money. Now I found out after getting denied for a loan that the bills have never been paid and I have judgements on my record. I have made numerous appointments with him to try to get this resolved because with the lenghth of time with these being unpaid my only recourse is to file bankruptcy to fix my credit.. The lawyer keeps rescheduling my appointments saying he has trials to attend to. Well today my mother-inlaw seen him at the court house and backed him in a corner to talk to him about it ( he used to be her friend) He informed her that he will not give me the money for the bills until I file bankruptcy and it gets discharged then he will issue it to me as a refund so the state cant take it. Is this legal? Can he with hold my money? My credit is already ruined do to this and I need the money to file. We also paid him around the same time to do an expungment for my husband ( he wasnt so smart at 18) and that was never done either. I need help and I dont know what to do next...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">