• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer doesn't want to refund deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seekhelp

What is the name of your state? CA

In 2003 I signed retainer's agreement with one lawyer in los angeles to handle my immigration case. According to the agreement, I have the option to withdraw the case and get deposit back if the lawyer can't get my application approved in the specified period. Now I informed the lawyer several times by phone, fax and written letter to withdraw the case and get back my deposit, but the lawyer never responds. Everytime when I called in her secretary said she wasn't there/she's meeting clients...

How can I take some legal actions against that lawyer? Do I have to hire another lawyer to sue her? Are there some places I can complain on that bad lawyer?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">