• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer dropped the ball at closing.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annoyed1

What is the name of your state? NY

I purchase a condo 15 months ago. The real estate agent said a parking space came with unit, the listing said it. I continously, throughout the closing process asked about the space #. They said I would find out at the closing. At the closing I was given the number to the mgmt company and they would give me my space. Well, just so happens, the condo does not come with a space, I went on a waiting list. I received a spot fast but I am now paying additional fees per month for parking. The lawyer knew of my expectations for a space. He did not verify to make sure that it was in the contract that he had me sign. So now, that will effect the value of my property? Who is at fault and what is my recourse. It was clear with the mgmt that the units don't come with spaces. When I sell, I lose the spot. If I rent it out, I am fine.Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">