• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is the lawyer due his money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjcase

What is the name of your state? Michigan

ok here it is. i was wondering if the lawyer can actually charge us.

ok the story is my grandmother had went with this lawyer a long long time ago to get a house put into her name after the passing of her mother well to this day the house is still in her mothers name. My grandmother had passed away last year and wanted the house to go to me but there was no will and well family will be family if you know what i mean. My aunt called the lawyer she had and just asked him about the house not being in my grandmothers name. well from there on he took the case, well for about going on a year he has sent out 3 letters and hardly called my aunt. he came up to where we live for probate court to have my aunt become the personal repersentive. and he did that. ( this whole thing started in march of 04) at that time in December 04 he told us he charges 200.00 per hour. well he then sent my aunt a letter wanting her to sign it about 1 month ago. stating he will get paid the retainer fee of 1500.00. well my aunt has not signed it or has she signed anything for that matter to obtain his services. He recently sent another letter stating that my grandmothers case has to be reopen for 150.00

ok now my question is can he charge us for anything considering we did not sign any contract with him? and also my grandmothers case would have to be closed to be reopened and if that is so the house should of been in her name right?

well thank you for any advice that could help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">