• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer lies and fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chungsie

Indiana is my state, and the state issuance of the bar to the Attorney in question.

So he has written up a Family Settlement Agreement, of which I believe he used an online template. It states many things which seem to be lies and/or fraud. Such that all parties involved have been apart of negotiation and consultation process, to which is not true. He also told my mother, a party involved with the paperwork, that her brother has already signed the paperwork of which he has received. Her brother stated he has received no such paperwork. I believe he was lying for the purposes of hurrying with the paperwork and coercing all parties to sign the Agreement. Furthermore, due to the claims within the Agreement I believe he is committing Fraudulent Misrepresentation, or constructing claims without reputable evidence.

My lawyer friend told me to report him to the Board of Professional Authority, which in my state is the Indiana Supreme Court. Do I proceed by doing so? Or do we attempt to negotiate with the lawyer and offer a cease and desist agreement? I tried to start a conversation with him publicly on his facebook page about it, to which he has deleted my messages and prevented me from further comments.

Also, hi everyone.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Indiana is my state, and the state issuance of the bar to the Attorney in question.

So he has written up a Family Settlement Agreement, of which I believe he used an online template. It states many things which seem to be lies and/or fraud. Such that all parties involved have been apart of negotiation and consultation process, to which is not true. He also told my mother, a party involved with the paperwork, that her brother has already signed the paperwork of which he has received. Her brother stated he has received no such paperwork. I believe he was lying for the purposes of hurrying with the paperwork and coercing all parties to sign the Agreement. Furthermore, due to the claims within the Agreement I believe he is committing Fraudulent Misrepresentation, or constructing claims without reputable evidence.

My lawyer friend told me to report him to the Board of Professional Authority, which in my state is the Indiana Supreme Court. Do I proceed by doing so? Or do we attempt to negotiate with the lawyer and offer a cease and desist agreement? I tried to start a conversation with him publicly on his facebook page about it, to which he has deleted my messages and prevented me from further comments.

Also, hi everyone.
There really is no way a bunch of internet strangers who have absolutely NO knowledge of your case can really tell you whether or not you should file a complaint...

quincy

Also, hi everyone.
The attorney is not allowed to discuss publicly whatever legal matter he is handling for your family. You should never have tried to get the attorney to speak about the legal issue on Facebook. No wonder you were blocked.

It appears you read some legal words you like and are trying to apply them to the attorney's thoughts and actions. If you have a concern that the attorney is not doing what he was hired to do, and the family agrees with you, you can either have another attorney in your area personally review the matter or have the State Board look into it. PLEASE do not publicly label your attorney as a liar or a fraud. That is a good way to get yourself sued for defamation.

Here is a link to information on submitting a complaint to the Indiana Disciplinary Commission: http://www.in.gov/judiciary/discipline/2373.htm

Last edited:

chungsie

ok

it's not my lawyer. also I am on ssi and was told that no one may have it, so suing me would be a waste of time? thank you for the link. I had asked my lawyer friend, those terms were what he used. "Being dishonest with you, a third party or a court, or advising you to lie." i think that is why he suggested I file a complaint. but the information says it is best to wrok things out informally first.

Last edited:

quincy

it's not my lawyer. also I am on ssi and was told that no one may have it, so suing me would be a waste of time? thank you for the link. I had asked my lawyer friend, those terms were what he used. "Being dishonest with you, a third party or a court, or advising you to lie." i think that is why he suggested I file a complaint. but the information says it is best to wrok things out informally first.
If the attorney is not your attorney then there is no complaint for you to file. If the attorney's clients (your mother, your uncle) have a dispute with the attorney, they can file a complaint.

If the attorney is not your attorney, he is right not to communicate at all with you about the case.

Being on SSI is not a defense to defamation, by the way.

chungsie

so you mean a lawyer is allowed to lie to people to get them to sign something without repercussion? talk about negated reciprocity. I mean I am on SSI because I have schizofrenia. I did not mean it was a defense, but that I was informed no one can take my money without permission.

FlyingRon

Ah, so you mean since you are on SSI you feel you are judgement proof and hence are free to commit the same breaches of decency and ethics that you're getting your panties in a bunch over. You are neither the client nor the person you allege the lawyer is taking advantage of. You have no dog in this hunt.

quincy

so you mean a lawyer is allowed to lie to people to get them to sign something without repercussion? talk about negated reciprocity. I mean I am on SSI because I have schizofrenia. I did not mean it was a defense, but that I was informed no one can take my money without permission.
If your mother or uncle have a complaint about their attorney, they can handle it by discussing the matter with the attorney, with another attorney, or by filing a complaint. The attorney cannot discuss the case with you because you are not a party to the case and you are not the attorney's client.

You can file a complaint against the attorney yourself but you should have a good basis for it and it would be smart for you to consult with your mom and your uncle before filing such a complaint. They may not want you messing in their affairs.

chungsie

Ah, so you mean since you are on SSI you feel you are judgement proof and hence are free to commit the same breaches of decency and ethics that you're getting your panties in a bunch over. You are neither the client nor the person you allege the lawyer is taking advantage of. You have no dog in this hunt.
no, I am always judged. also if law is meant to be followed, when then do we not learn all of them in school for free? personally, I feel I should just work on my medicine shield and collect more eagle feathers :p I am cherokee :) but publicly I don't know, laws aren't upheld always, and so I think with the state of affairs of the world, that law and judgement are being taken privy to biases.

Anyways, I was not planning on filing the claim, I just wanted to know what I needed to tell my mother.

Edit: yes I know what defamation is, and according to this website I have not committed it.

But unless Lindsay’s statement was false, it’s not defamatory, no matter how much it may hurt Joe’s feelings, or harm Joe’s reputation or business.

Read more: http://injury-law.freeadvice.com/injury-law/libel_and_slander/prove-libel-and-slander.htm#ixzz4Mza7JG3a

He would have to tell another lie to suggest my mother and uncle are liars.

Last edited by a moderator:

chungsie

sigh

no that's not what I'm saying. I get judged all the time, and this site makes me feel it even more. personally, I never studied law and it is not a subject made free to the public with instructors (i.e. it is not taught in school for state specification or even all the laws of federal cases). Which is why I fail to see how a nation can pride itself on law and order yet refrain from educating the people within their governance with proper support for free. aside from that, I feel I should just collect eagle feathers and continue on with my life. I am cherokee :)

Also, regarding Defamation, according to this very website, I am not guilty of it as I have told no lies myself in how I stated as I did on his page. I told him to freshen up on malpractice laws such as fraudulent misrepresentation, and that my mother believed he was lying based on my uncle's words.

I just love how I received feedback that feels like personal attacks, but I know it's just my mental illness taking anonymous information in the wrong manner.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Can you name any post-secondary subject in which one receives a free education? Why do you feel it should be free? Do you know that even things that are "free" come at a cost? How do you expect the professors and support staff to be paid? What you are bemoaning is not the lack of a "free education", rather, you are grumbling about the lack of a subsidized education.

Silverplum

no that's not what I'm saying. I get judged all the time, and this site makes me feel it even more. personally, I never studied law and it is not a subject made free to the public with instructors (i.e. it is not taught in school for state specification or even all the laws of federal cases). Which is why I fail to see how a nation can pride itself on law and order yet refrain from educating the people within their governance with proper support for free. aside from that, I feel I should just collect eagle feathers and continue on with my life. I am cherokee :)

Also, regarding Defamation, according to this very website, I am not guilty of it as I have told no lies myself in how I stated as I did on his page. I told him to freshen up on malpractice laws such as fraudulent misrepresentation, and that my mother believed he was lying based on my uncle's words.

I just love how I received feedback that feels like personal attacks, but I know it's just my mental illness taking anonymous information in the wrong manner.
You are very short-sighted and incorrect in your statements about the law.

http://www.in.gov/judiciary/selfservice/

You're welcome.

quincy

the cherokee language may be learned for free at anytime that it is offered through the cherokee.org website :) I'm just going to leave now. I can see people don't like me because I'm retarded.
The legal questions you asked have been answered so it is probably as good a time as any for you to leave. ;)

If your mother and your uncle have a problem with their attorney and the way he is handling the "family settlement agreement," they can seek out another attorney for a personal review or they can file a complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">