• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer Malpractice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AGSR

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas
I was going through the Attorney General's office for more child support. My ex never showed up to court. The AG kept asking me if I wanted to reschedule. And everytime he did not show up. On the fourth reschedule they told me that he had an Attorney and that they signed the order. They told me it was for $330 a month for child support. I told them that it was very low, and that I did not agree. I knew he made more money.They told me to not sign it. But they just held their hands up in the air. I hired an Attorney. My Attorney had me fill out papers to close the case with the Attorney General. She told me that it would be better to go through the Family Law courts. She said it is more civil. From there she has filed Interrogatories and filed a response to his attorney. That was almost 2 years ago and about $3,000 later. I am still waiting to go to court. But I had a case with the AG. And she had me drop it! This could have been over along time ago. She has just milked this for all that she could get. I think she is incompetent. Is this malpractice?

panzertanker

AGSR said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas
I was going through the Attorney General's office for more child support. My ex never showed up to court. The AG kept asking me if I wanted to reschedule. And everytime he did not show up. On the fourth reschedule they told me that he had an Attorney and that they signed the order. They told me it was for $330 a month for child support. I told them that it was very low, and that I did not agree. I knew he made more money.They told me to not sign it. But they just held their hands up in the air. I hired an Attorney. My Attorney had me fill out papers to close the case with the Attorney General. She told me that it would be better to go through the Family Law courts. She said it is more civil. From there she has filed Interrogatories and filed a response to his attorney. That was almost 2 years ago and about $3,000 later. I am still waiting to go to court. But I had a case with the AG. And she had me drop it! This could have been over along time ago. She has just milked this for all that she could get. I think she is incompetent. Is this malpractice?
What is incompetent about doing what you, the paying client, requested: try to get more monthly support out of the ex-spouse...?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">