• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer Misconduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noragrie

What is the name of your state? New Mexico lawyer from Illinois.
Can you sue your lawyer for lying? Our lawyer did not tell us about settling with one of the credit reporting agencies that we sued. We did not find out about this settlement until we received the agreement that needed to be signed and notarized.There was also one settlement that was for both a credit agency and one of the companies reporting to this agency but we were never told that the amount we settled for was from both of these companies. If we had been given this information we would not have settled for the amount that we did. There were also some companies that were never sued that I think should have been since they were reporting false information for over a year. Should he have sued all companies that would not investigate our dispute and refused to remove this information from our credit report? This lawyer did not represent us the way we wanted him to. He was only representing himself and his law firm.

noragrie

No. Are they the ones who determine if the lawyer acted in a professional manner?
I have another question. The person who stole my boyfriends identity was stopped by the police for speeding and used his social security number. The speeding ticket was never paid and my boyfriend was arrested on a warrant that belonged to this other guy. We know who this person is because I was shown a picture of this man at the jail when I was paying to get him out. Even knowing they had the wrong guy they still made us pay the $437 to get him out. What procedure should we follow to get this money back and keep this from happening again?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">