• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer no longer ours

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richtowanda

What is the name of your state?kansas
I was served a temprorary restraining order barring me from building a fence across a driveway that cut out of an easement and across my land not included in the easement. I went to the county attorny at that time and he basically did nothing. We only heard from him when we talked to him on the phone or went to his office. I was received a letter telling me that it was a permanent order because I never showed to plead my side of the case. I never appeared because I did not know of any hearings. It turns out that the county atty received the order to appear a month after he withdrew fromm being our atty and he never sent the haering notice to us. Can I get the case reopened due to the atty not giving us the notice?

richtowanda

I talked to an attorney in town and he said he couldn't get involved because ther may be some type of illegal actions taken by the other attorney and mine. The attorney they had never sent us a letter stating there was a hearing and the one we had never talked to us unless we called him. He then withdrew from the case and a month later when a letter stating the case was going to be dismissed he never forwarded the summons to us. I can't understand why the atty we had never talked or even tried to be on our side. The old Attorney and the new one I talked to basically said I am lying about never getting the summons to appear but I am not. What do I do?????????

Find a lawyer who does believe you. Lawyers aren't perfect just because they passed the bar and maybe he didn't inform you. Find one who WILL help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">