• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer no reassuring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SJR lady

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Living in Nevada, Lawyer out of Montana

Last year i hired a lawyer to gain custody of my 3 1/2 year old daughter. I had been tricked by my ex's parents. Story goes something like this. I took an overseas posting for a year because my at the the wife was into smoking weed all the time and drinking. We had just had a baby and i needed to get her away from it. I left for a year and while i was gone she became a meth addict and had been cheating on me. I tried to make it work i brought her down to my next duty station and she ended up turning back because she needed drugs. I told her i would come get her once i got out house set up and settled in. When she came back she brought her mother to help out with my daughter since she would be without her drugs. Her mother went back and then one night my ex decided to take off and head back to Montana without my knowledge.. then during the summer of 2010 her parents filed for guardianship because my ex wife was going to get treatment. I went to obtain custody of my daughter and they wouldnt let me have her. said they would drop the guardianship paperwork and My mother in law said she would fly down and help me get settled with my daughter and she failed to get on the plane. When i went back up to Montana to get my daughter they showed me paperwork saying that i had defaulted and coudlnt take my daughter. I then filed for a divorce and that took about a year to get done because i did it all on my own and i saved money to hire a lawyer. I hired the lawyer june 2011 and i feel like nothing has been done since i hired her except making deadlines in the cause and draining me of my money. She hasnt even reassured me that i have a good chance at getting custody because of how unstable my ex is. moving around, she doesnt have a car. am i wasting my time with her? is she just draining me of my money?

Hot Topic

Hard to say without hearing your ex-wife's side.

Lawyers are not supposed to be "reassuring." For a lot of people, all that means is the lawyer's assurance that they'll win the case.

Have you gotten regular reports on what your lawyer is doing on your behalf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">