• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer is not doing job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diakayv

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

My brother is being dogged out by his lawyer. My brother's wife filed for divorce last Nov. My brother is going through a divorce in which the wife has been setting aside $1,000 s of his check over a period of 25 years into a separate bank account that he does not have access to, she is asking for child and spousal support 7 months back from when he was staying in the home in which he was paying all the bills, food, etc. He has been faithful to his wife and the sole wage provider for the past 26 years. She wanted him out of the home and yet held all of his money in her separate account. He was left with no car and no place to stay until his next paycheck came. He was making $3,500 plus overtime pay each month. My brother paid his lawyer $7,000 (he had to loan) and his lawyer has not done anything for him. He wants custody of the children, and the lawyer tells him to just talk to the mediator about it. (Shouldn't the be filing some papers for my brother to have custody, he has just reasons for wanting custody of the children? Shouldn't he be demanding my brother's wife to show her bank savings, etc? ) My brother wants a new lawyer but does not have another $7,000 to give another lawyer. Is there any laws to help people who have paid large sums to lawyers who are not representing them to get their money back to hire a new lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">