• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer quit less than 60 days before dead line time.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nestuca

What is the name of your state?Oregon
Hi, I signed a contract with a lawyer to represent me with a auto accident.I was a pedestrian and was hit by a woman with road rage and either to much medication or to little medication. She was found guilty of assault. insurance companies, mine included, refuse to pay. I sign with a lawyer and thought that every thing was fine. I gathered all the information I could. He gathered information also. Out of the blue he called less than 60 days before the dead line to file a case and said it wasn't worth his time. I signed a contract with him almost a year ago. He said it took this long for his evaluation of the case. what can I do ? I did not know he was evaluating I thought we signed a contract. My dead line for filing is June 23.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">