• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zephyr

What is the name of your state?WI

My lawyer's license was suspended halfway through his representation of my case, I hired a new lawyer and had to purchase transcripts of the previous court date in order to get the new lawyer up to speed. The first lawyer has been incommunicado since his license was suspended, would not forward files after I left messages and sent letters.

These transcripts cost me $734.00, how do I go about having the court order him to reimburse me for this amount? is this small claims? is it a state bar issue?

almost

I don't know how that is done in WI, but in TN it is done through the Board of professional responsibility. I guess what you are calling the bar, but not sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">