• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer's lack of communication and etc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kentatsu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

Hi, my father's lawyer has been working on his case (race/job discrimination, wrongful termination and denied of unemployment benefits, and more) for over 3 years now. Recently, in the past 6 months, she has only contacted us twice, once to get my father in a meeting with her in March 2009, and the 2nd time on the 25th of June 2009 after the court contacted her. Even though we leave her many, many email and phone messages regarding my father's case's condition, she would never respond.

Now the thing is, my father has literally tons of evidence on all of his claims, and he even received 5 Right to Sues. On top of that, he even won his unemployment benefits problem when the company denied him of it after he was wrongfully terminated. He even had a deposition with them, and their attorney even asked him how much would he want them to pay him. Without a doubt in my mind, we should have won this case. but this is where it gets strange.

Like I previously mentioned, my father's lawyer never contacted him back to tell him about his case. My father's case closed in January 21, 2009, because i believe the court said that she did not file an opposition to the other side's summary judgment. We found out the summary judgment was filed by the other side in Nov 2008, and my father's lawyer never told us of this at all. Furthermore, after the case closed in Jan 2009, she still did not contact us or tell us anything about it. She even had my father go to a meeting with her in March 2009, and she told him that she would continue to fight and that she would get everyone to go to trial in Mid April 2009. With my understanding, she has lied to my father, and everything is very strange.
Furthermore, in the judge's civil judgment, it says:

"Text: (Summary Judgmt) Granting Dft's Unopposed Mot for leave & Unopposed Mot for Sum Judgmt on all claims & awards Dft the costs of this action ".

That means that my father must pay them (the defendant), for certain costs. Is that right? If so, it is also strange that they have not contacted my father, nor demanded him to pay them anything. I certainly believe that they are not that kind as they would just waiver something like that...

Why would she hide all of this from us? There is no reason to, unless something happened. I have contacted the Missouri Bar to help my father, and I am still seeking a lawyer to help my father on his case, but I believe that I need more legal advice, and that is why I came here.

Getting straight to the point, I honestly believe that she might have dealt backdoor with the other side, and that is what caused my father's case to be closed right now.

All I am asking, is insight on this matter and what can we do with this? If anyone can help, I am sincerely asking from my heart for that help. Any links to any federal/government agency to further help my father's problem out would be greatly appreciated as well.

Also, sorry for the super long essay. Thank you all for your time reading, and thank you all in advance for all of your help and insight.

Yours Truly,
Kentatsu

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">