• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moose7536

New Jersey: My uncle was recently arrested when a neighbor called the police claiming he had noticed a gun on my uncles property. The police came and my uncle had no idea what they were talking about, the neighbor then went into the back yard and showed the police where the gun was apparently hidden. after this the police arrested my uncle and hes been in jail for 3 days awaiting a court date... the problem i have is that my uncle does not own a gun or have any reason to have one, the police found no finger prints or proof that it was his gun, besides it being on his property. am i correct in thinking that he should not have been arrested? the neighbor is less than credible and there really is no proof that he even knew the gun was there. any advice as to what we should do would be very helpful. thank you!

JETX

any advice as to what we should do would be very helpful.
Gather up all the aluminum cans and bottles and cash them in. Then, take the money and go look for a good defense attorney.
Seriously, there is really nothing else that you or anyone else can do to 'help' him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">