• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal ethics

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A.anto

Hello, I got accused by my professor of cheating in the university during an exam.

I did have something written on my hand, but I did not look at it since I kept my hand under the desk. The professor is aware of the fact that I did not use those informations. He told me that it was his obligation to report me to the honour council, even tho he saw me keeping my hand under the desk without looking at it. I am afraid of the consequences, especially because I am not guilty. I need an advice on how to act in my meeting this Monday. I suffer from panick attacks, and this situation is too much

Proserpina

Hello, I got accused by my professor of cheating in the university during an exam.

I did have something written on my hand, but I did not look at it since I kept my hand under the desk. The professor is aware of the fact that I did not use those informations. He told me that it was his obligation to report me to the honour council, even tho he saw me keeping my hand under the desk without looking at it. I am afraid of the consequences, especially because I am not guilty. I need an advice on how to act in my meeting this Monday. I suffer from panick attacks, and this situation is too much
You need to tell us your location.

But obviously, you know you cheated. It's not so much a legal question at this point, as a question of ethics and that's between you and your school.

(At least for now)

quincy

The state is Florida, according to the duplicate thread posted in the Civil Litigation section of the forum.

Your concern really has nothing to do with legal ethics or lawyer malpractice, A.anto. Cheating on an exam does, however, involve personal ethics.

If you had written on your hand any information relating to the questions being asked on the exam, the professor was correct in reporting you to the "honour council," this whether you had to refer to any of the information or not. It is still cheating.

Probably the best way to handle yourself before the council is to admit what cannot be denied and apologize for your actions. The chips will fall where they may.

Eekamouse

You cheated the minute you wrote something on your hand so don't pretend innocence because you ARE guilty. If you suffer panic attacks, that's too bad but it has nothing to do with you cheating and getting caught. You'd be panicking right now regardless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">