• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Ethics & Lawyer Malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4youonly1

New York.
My attorney wrote me a bill demanding from me $1.200 to pay doctor who supposed to be a witness in my case. The case never come to trial. The doctor wrote me an affidavit: "I did not submit any bills for my service to your lawyer",never received any money,and i never ask any fee. Is this unethical or misconduct by attorney?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

New York.
My attorney wrote me a bill demanding from me $1.200 to pay doctor who supposed to be a witness in my case. The case never come to trial. The doctor wrote me an affidavit: "I did not submit any bills for my service to your lawyer",never received any money,and i never ask any fee. Is this unethical or misconduct by attorney?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: yes it is if he is billing for services never actually provided.

4youonly1

The Lawyer told me she met the doctor, spoke with him a few hours and she want to pay him $1.200. The doctor said he never ask her for any money, he will charge me only when he will be testify in the court. The case settle without the court. Is this is still misconduct and unethical?
I wrote to the Grievance Committee a complaint. They wrote me: "After reviewing your complaint, it has been determined that it does not state a complaint of professional misconduct". Why the Grievance Committee did not see any misconduct and unethical?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">