• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pallbrooks

North Carolina, I am writing to get help for my father, several months ago my son who lives with my father got in to trouble because of a ex girl friend and the deputy took my fathers guns away and told him he would fet them back after the trail. So he goes back to get them only to be told he has to get a lawyer to get them, they have been in his family for over 60 years (i think one of them wants them for their privat collection) they know my father does not have much money. I think this is unfair my father has never been in trouble aday in his life. I am prepared to go to any extremes to fight this including going to the local media.can you help us please.

North Carolina

HI, i need help for my father. several mont

sandyclaus

North Carolina, I am writing to get help for my father, several months ago my son who lives with my father got in to trouble because of a ex girl friend and the deputy took my fathers guns away and told him he would fet them back after the trail. So he goes back to get them only to be told he has to get a lawyer to get them, they have been in his family for over 60 years (i think one of them wants them for their privat collection) they know my father does not have much money. I think this is unfair my father has never been in trouble aday in his life. I am prepared to go to any extremes to fight this including going to the local media.can you help us please.

North Carolina
You'll need to be more specific as to the reasons that the guns were taken away in the first place, and why the deputy refuses to return the weapons without a court order.

Without knowing anything further than what you have stated, I would have to assume that the issue with your son and his ex-G/F involved the use of those guns. If that's the case, and there was some kind of criminal charge or restraining order put in place as a result, then I would have to say that because of that, your father wouldn't be allowed to have the guns in the house where your son still lives.

While it is one's 2nd amendment right to bear arms, your father's right to possess them clearly doesn't outweigh the right of the ex-G/F from being threatened by them. It might be different if the son no longer lived there, but if that situation hasn't changed, don't expect to get the guns back until your son no longer resides with your father.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">