• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Malpractice or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1roper4me

What is the name of your state? California
Hello,
I recently was in court and lost to a $10K suit. plus attorney fees to other party.
My Attroney did and did not do these below: Me being the client......
Inadequate investigation,failure to file any declarations or response to others declaration,failure to contact client,failure to provide client w/documents from other party,failure to tell client of SEVERAL court dates,failure to request additional evidence from other party after I requested to do so. Failure to send me the declaration of other party,Failure to read declaration by me & evidence I had, Lied to client regarding burden of proof,falsly represented client,lied several times w/ witness's,failure to discuss case & procedure (plan of attack) before court date. Failure to inform client which room #,court date and time of court date and that is when I lost. Failure to speak and defend me in court. Attorney did not say anything when judge asked questions, just stood there, then the judge said ok pay it!
Then had the blls to send me a bill! What do you think?? R

HomeGuru

1roper4me said:
What is the name of your state? California
Hello,
I recently was in court and lost to a $10K suit. plus attorney fees to other party.
My Attroney did and did not do these below: Me being the client......
Inadequate investigation,failure to file any declarations or response to others declaration,failure to contact client,failure to provide client w/documents from other party,failure to tell client of SEVERAL court dates,failure to request additional evidence from other party after I requested to do so. Failure to send me the declaration of other party,Failure to read declaration by me & evidence I had, Lied to client regarding burden of proof,falsly represented client,lied several times w/ witness's,failure to discuss case & procedure (plan of attack) before court date. Failure to inform client which room #,court date and time of court date and that is when I lost. Failure to speak and defend me in court. Attorney did not say anything when judge asked questions, just stood there, then the judge said ok pay it!
Then had the blls to send me a bill! What do you think?? R
**A: maybe you had no case in the first place.

1roper4me

Yes I did have a case. I asked 3 different attorneys advice re; this issue and they all said, at the most I would end up paying half of the 10k. which I was ok with, if, that happened.

What my post reads is attorney FAILED, FAILED, FAILED, did you read that part?
Im wondering if anyone has any advice whether this is malpractice or not?
Thaks anyways for your comment. R

panzertanker

1roper4me said:
Yes I did have a case. I asked 3 different attorneys advice re; this issue and they all said, at the most I would end up paying half of the 10k. which I was ok with, if, that happened.

What my post reads is attorney FAILED, FAILED, FAILED, did you read that part?
Im wondering if anyone has any advice whether this is malpractice or not?
Thaks anyways for your comment. R
Sometimes, just because an attorney 'failed failed failed' does not mean that the attorney did anything wrong.

My mechanic took three tries to fix my truck and it is still not right, but does that mean that he actually did something wrong??? No.

Losing a case doesn't give you the automatic right to say he/she failed you. There is ALWAYS a loser and a winner in every case. You were the LOSER in this one...which you knew b/c 3 'other attorneys' told you you were going to have to pay half the amount. So instead you ended up paying the entire amount...Life sucks.

rmet4nzkx

As with many posters, there is more to this story, just look at their other threads and they have already been given their answer. BTW in one place they claim it is paid, in another the creditor said the amount due is $0. It doesn't say WHO paid it, maybe that is why the court ordered they pay the petitioner. I am not going to tell them again what they can do because they don't listen and keep asking the quesiton because they don't like the advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">