• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying to the Attorney Grievance Commission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caramel92

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

Is an attorney allowed to lie to or intentionally mislead the Attorney Grievance Commission? Is this considered perjury or anything like that? Does the person who filed the complaint have any recourse?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

Is an attorney allowed to lie to or intentionally mislead the Attorney Grievance Commission?
Allowed?? Of course he is. No one is going to staple his lips together.
Would it be actionable?? Yes.

Is this considered perjury or anything like that?
If made under oath, yes.
If not under oath, certainly an ethics violation.

Does the person who filed the complaint have any recourse?
Yep. Present evidence to the committee showing that the statement was untrue.

caramel92

He sent a letter to the Attorney Grievance Commission and claimed that he sent it to me as well. He never did, but I can't prove a negative.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
He sent a letter to the Attorney Grievance Commission and claimed that he sent it to me as well. He never did, but I can't prove a negative.
Perhaps it just never GOT to you? USPS has been known to lose the occasional item.

caramel92

He claims it was sent certified mail. And he never did any of the things he claimed he was going to do in the letter either...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">