• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

huniongrove

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL
I filed bankruptcy in Jan. my bankruptcy was discharged in March. I have a creditor calling me up to as many as 37 times a day. I know it is illegal for them to be calling me. My problem is that my attorney will not return my calls and when I speak to his secretary she tells me something different everytime. The law office either won't answer the phone or a recording somes on and they want return my call. They tell me its not something that can be fixed overnight, I think 5 months is enough time. What can I do when my attorney will not help me and my creditor is burning my phone line up everyday?

Last edited:

Tayla

Until a better answer comes along. Change phone number. Go unlisted.
That solves problem one. Problem two is easy- Make an appointment to see your lawyer to discuss problem one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">