• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Malpractice??? Help Please!!!

What is the name of your state? Illinois but this was in Arizona.
When my husband and I went to court for his children we decided to hire a lawyer. Wene we hired him he was very helpful at first. Then when it started to get close to the court date we started to run into problems. We could not get a hold of him for days or weeks at a time. We would set up times to meet with him and he would fail to show without even a phone call. He didn't reqister at the courthouse as our lawyer until 2 hours before our scheduled trial. He was supposed to have all of the paperwork filed but didn't. He was sitting in the hall outside of the courtroom still filing out our child support information. He failed to put into evidence the pictures that we had showing the bruising so when it was brought up in court they claimed heresay. We had no option but to keep him by this point because he was already paid for and we did not have the money to get a new lawyer. When they were in court we had a VERY important witness but she was not called until there was 15 minutes left of the allotted time for the court. He didn't ask for an extension for us to continue at a later date. A lot of what was said in court is heresay but he didn't call her on any of it. What can we do about this?

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

Jillian483 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois but this was in Arizona.
When my husband and I went to court for his children we decided to hire a lawyer. Wene we hired him he was very helpful at first. Then when it started to get close to the court date we started to run into problems. We could not get a hold of him for days or weeks at a time. We would set up times to meet with him and he would fail to show without even a phone call. He didn't reqister at the courthouse as our lawyer until 2 hours before our scheduled trial. He was supposed to have all of the paperwork filed but didn't. He was sitting in the hall outside of the courtroom still filing out our child support information. He failed to put into evidence the pictures that we had showing the bruising so when it was brought up in court they claimed heresay. We had no option but to keep him by this point because he was already paid for and we did not have the money to get a new lawyer. When they were in court we had a VERY important witness but she was not called until there was 15 minutes left of the allotted time for the court. He didn't ask for an extension for us to continue at a later date. A lot of what was said in court is heresay but he didn't call her on any of it. What can we do about this?

Keep all your threads together; you're very confusing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">