• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this Malpractice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bob13531

So I am using a legal group that could not serve the defendant. In turn we were forced to serve by publication. After we did so, the defendant still did not appear in court. We then filed for a default judgment. For the default judgment hearing, the defendant finally appears and sends an attorney. The thing that prevented us from winning the default judgment hearing was the fact that my attorneys did not file and record the service by publication correctly. Is this grounds for a malpractice suit?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So I am using a legal group that could not serve the defendant. In turn we were forced to serve by publication. After we did so, the defendant still did not appear in court. We then filed for a default judgment. For the default judgment hearing, the defendant finally appears and sends an attorney. The thing that prevented us from winning the default judgment hearing was the fact that my attorneys did not file and record the service by publication correctly. Is this grounds for a malpractice suit?
No it is not grounds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">