• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

malpractice...or?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gbrauer1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin court system,
My former wife and I had a marital agreement drafted by an attorney (post marital) it was modified and we both had agreed of the purpose and the effects, it was signed and notarized. but the attorney had forgot the main purpose of the agreement and did not have the real estate quit claim deeds prepared the same time of the agreement, after several months she refused to sign the deeds.

A few years past and she disregarded the agreement and I had filed for divorce, during the divorce she wanted the agreement thrown out, and she got her way costing 500k.

I feel the attorney failed not to have the proper documents prepared at a given moment and drafting a useless agreement.

Is it malpractice? :confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">