• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Malpractice or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

godsend

What is the name of your state?NV I originally posted our problem under the consumer bankruptcy in Aug. but no one replied. Our attorney refused to file an objection to a proof of claim filed on behalf of the trustee in regards to mtg arrears that had already been paid in full during a transaction between our 2 mtg. companies. We begged & pleaded with our atty to object to the money owed and gave him the proof that it had been paid off. He did nothing & this has now cost us over $100,00 from his one mistake and allowed 1 creditor to walk away with $20,000+ he was not entitled to since it was money already paid. The trustee would not help fix this & the state bar has told me they will not discipline our atty but we can go after him on our own. Does anyone know if we have a case against him. His one mistake has caused us to be further in debt than when we started our bk in 2003. I have been trying to get someone to help us since March 2004 but all the attys here know each other & we feel we have been royally screwed by the entire system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">