• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Malpractice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rainydaysOr

What is the name of your state?OR

I have been going through IVF (invitro fertilization). The lab due to negligence threw away 3 of my 7 eggs which cancelled my cycle. They froze the 4 embroyos which lowers my chances with those and told me they would pay for another cycle but would not cover medicine. My question, is throwing away eggs due to negligence or failure to follow procedure grounds for malpractice? I really just want them to pay for as many cycles as needed until I get equivalant results. However, this doesn't cover the time missed from work, the risks associated with anesthia, egg retrieval, the pain of shots, the anxiety/stress of these procedures.
What action should I take to get results?

rmet4nzkx

Well if they will pay for another cycle that sounds fair, and to pay for what ever it takes for 1 cycle, however don't expect them to pay for cycles until you get results.

rainydaysOr

I do not think they should pay until I get pregnant only until I get equivelant eggs that this cycle gave. It is possible to get cancelled while on medication without getting to egg retrieval so if I ask for 1 more cycle and get cancelled then I am out of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">