• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

misrepresented

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Motherof2sons

What is the name of your state? California

I moved to the same county with hopes of sharing a week to week with the ex spouse. Initially the mediator recommended 50/50 week to week time share, but because the miles between the ex spouses home and my home was significantly to far, the mediator then changed the time share to 60/40 with our children attending school in their fathers county. I was unsuccessful in that attempt to receive the week to week once i was able to move back to the same county. Our children have expressed concerns of verbal and emotional abuse living with their father and his fiancee. Those concerns were brought to the mediators attention and she did nothing about it. Our children need counseling and are now truly hurt that they are unable to live with me. They attend school 10 minutes from our home, my lawyer did not fight for me, she never spoke to the judge on my behalf. She made an agreement she claims " in the best interest of the case" with the opposing lawyer without speaking with me thoroughly, now my only option is to pay $4500 for a child custody evaluation, after I already paid my "lawyer" a $3250 retainer, basically all she did was file paperwork, she never made an attempt to argue the case and now I'm left with picking up the ball she dropped. Our children are terribly afraid to tell the mediator what's going on in their fathers household because of his wrath, so I hired a "lawyer" to help us and all she did was fail us. Please help me! God has the final word in the case and I'm praying that God will put his people in place to read this and help my Family in Jesus name!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">