• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion Filing Deadline

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joannp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ I'm in the process of divorcing my husband. There was a motion hearing 3 weeks ago and the judge allowed 30 days for financial documents to be turned over,if not a motion can be filed. The deadline is one week from today the attorney has not returned any phone calls,my husband has not turned over any documents to the forensic accounant I retained months ago nor did the expert he "engaged" receive the documents.I know once this window closesI probably won't get it reopened.A new lawyer would never be brought up to speed,hired and retained in time,not to mention all my $ is tied up in her.What to do?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your attorney can file a motion to compel after the 28 days has expired if the other attorney has not presented the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">