• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My attorney asked me for a loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LaurieAM

What is the name of your state?New york. If your lawyer while handling your case comes to you crying that they are about to loose their home, asking you for a loan is that ethically and legally wrong?

seniorjudge

Q: If your lawyer while handling your case comes to you crying that they are about to loose their home, asking you for a loan is that ethically and legally wrong?

A: Ethically, this stinks. Fire that lawyer and get a new one.

HomeGuru

LaurieAM said:
What is the name of your state?New york. If your lawyer while handling your case comes to you crying that they are about to loose their home, asking you for a loan is that ethically and legally wrong?

**A: there is no law or ABA cannon on ethics that prohibt an attorney crying on the shoulders of a client.

BelizeBreeze

Hell, my attorney asks me for a loan every chance he gets....and being as he's my brother I usually make him pay a VERY HIGH interest rate :D

HomeGuru

BelizeBreeze said:
Hell, my attorney asks me for a loan every chance he gets....and being as he's my brother I usually make him pay a VERY HIGH interest rate :D
**A: you talkin like a true bithness man.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">