• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My lawyer lied to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjz271

What is the name of your state? ohio

i filed a case with the courts for back child care and the court assigned me an attorney (they call it assigned council) instead of the judge hearing our case it was assigned to a magistrate after the magistrate heard our case he found aganist me my lawyer said he would file an appeal and then after he supposedly filed it he told me he had indeed filed it this was in july of 2007 i spoke with him a few times after that the last time being in oct of 2007 with him telling me that he was gonna be down in juvinile court that day and would find out anything about our next court date and thats the last i have heard from him i have called for months now and all i get is his voice mail i leave messages but he never calls me back i called the assigned council office last week and the lady there said there was nothing she could do and suggested i call the judges courtroom myself and see what was going on so i did and according to the clerk there there is was no appeal filed in my case. so now i do not know what im suppose to do. i have only a po box address and a cell phone number on the lawyer was wondering if i should send a certified letter? the assigned council office lady did ask if i was requesting a new lawyer but not sure how good that will do me since the time limit to file the appeal has now expired (expired along time ago) any advice would be much appreciated ty

i see all these people have looked at my question but no one has given any advice. isnt there anyone that can give me any kind of advice as to how i should proceed with this matter im stuck and have no idea what to do ty queenie

MadinMaine

I have no experience with this type of situation but if it were me I'd take the new lawyer and see if they can do anything for you. It seems like your only option. Perhaps the court will consider letting you appeal since the lawyer THEY assigned lied to you.

Just thought of something else, perhaps you could call a different lawyer.. some will see you without charge, listen to your case and then decide if they will take it.. if they do and you win a settlement then they take their payment out of what you get.

Good luck,
MIM

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">