• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My lawyer lied to me and basically stole my money.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VanCoo

What is the name of your state? Illinois.

I was arrested and charged with a DUI and I accepted that. I went to find an attorney and being young and stupid chose the first one I met, biggest mistake of my life. I am looking for someone who can help me. I work in the legal field and do not appreciate this sort of treatment by someone I hired to help me. I want to know wht my options are as far as doing domething, taking some sort of action against this guy. Its not that I just want my money back but I want him to know he can not treat people this way. He is supposed to help and guide his clients through things and not just leave them after the first court date. Not only did this guy embarass himself the first day I had court but he stopped returning my phone calls not but 2 months into my case, my case is not even done with until April of 2007. I am totally lost about what I am supposed to do, if anyone anywhere has some advice please let me know.

fairisfair

Illinois
(Chicago & Northern Illinois)
Mary T. Robinson
Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission
One Prudential Plaza, Suites 1100 and 1500
130 East Randolph Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Phone: (312) 565-2600
Fax: (312) 565-2320
Filing Method: Submit a detailed letter
Anonymity: No
(Central & Southern Illinois)
Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission
One Old North Capital Plaza
Springfield, IL 62701-1501
Phone: N/A
Fax: N/A
Filing Method: Submit a detailed letter
Anonymity: No

Google 4.25 seconds. And you work in what part of the legal field????:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">