• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my lawyer working with the state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Luey77

We are 5 months into a criminal defense trial involving law enforcement and they have not turned over ballistics or a few questionable pieces of evidence. My attorney makes excuses to wait as he has a theory. I also have one. I want ballistics turned in. Im not trying to cover anything up...they are and its obvious. ..mulitple avadavits with different stories and some pretty damaging knowledge of the scandel going on and my attorney is sure its needed...really i think he is screwing me...what do i do. I have paid him for nothing and its scary to switch attorneys but this guy stinks with lies and cover up. He knows the state he is there everyday...i messed up getting an attorney from this county.

quincy

We are 5 months into a criminal defense trial involving law enforcement and they have not turned over ballistics or a few questionable pieces of evidence. My attorney makes excuses to wait as he has a theory. I also have one. I want ballistics turned in. Im not trying to cover anything up...they are and its obvious. ..mulitple avadavits with different stories and some pretty damaging knowledge of the scandel going on and my attorney is sure its needed...really i think he is screwing me...what do i do. I have paid him for nothing and its scary to switch attorneys but this guy stinks with lies and cover up. He knows the state he is there everyday...i messed up getting an attorney from this county.
In what state, or country, are you located, Luey77?

If you do not trust the attorney you have, you can fire the attorney and hire another one. The new attorney will handle the transfer of files and you will be responsible for any bills outstanding from your current lawyer.

TigerD

1. Do you know that the police did ballistics?
2. Do you know typically comprises ballistic testing?
3. Can you afford to have the testing done by an independent expert?

Talk to your attorney.

TD

quincy

... Talk to your attorney ...
Talking to their attorney is always the recommended first step for any client to take, as a lot of questions can be answered and a lot of misunderstandings can be cleared up this way. I am not sure why people are so reluctant to discuss their concerns fully with the lawyer representing them.

Most attorneys are not going to risk their professional licenses with "lies and cover ups."

The state name is still important, though, if Luey77 wants advice specific to his state. He read the thread, and my question asking for his state name, and then he left the forum. It seemed a simple-enough question.

TigerD

The state name is still important, though, if Luey77 wants advice specific to his state. He read the thread, and my question asking for his state name, and then he left the forum. It seemed a simple-enough question.
True. It makes a difference.

TD

Luey77

It took along time to decide something wasn't right. Yes two sets of ballistics were performed on from the sheriffs department and one from the state. My attorney has been talked to mulitple times and takes a fit if you question these questions. He started out pissed about discovery not being all turned in. He stated in never yakes this long as slowly he changed into a lawyer who doesnt call when he says he will. Changes things he says he was going to do and his idea on evidence makes no sense at all. Why would you leave out important evidence ....and all the very basic evidence has been ignored and he doesnt feel its good to push. The facts of this case are truly unbelievable and never would i have know basic rights could be difficult to get. This attorney works with this group everyday .out of this courthouse. I should have known this is how they operate. My concern is finding someone to take on this. I have a real case. I have a retirement montly i can make payments but this has taken everything else I had. Im sad that this happens and that a few in law enforcement and high postions can do this to cover up what they are doing which actually has nothing to do with me. Please tell me who do I call...i want to go straight to the media its a good story but how do I do it right and win my case and my life back. They have taken so much. This lawyer is not staying my lawyer but how do i take on this and get the truth out...its very scary to do

Last edited:

quincy

It took along time to decide something wasn't right. Yes two sets of ballistics were performed on from the sheriffs department and one from the state. My attorney has been talked to mulitple times and takes a fit if you question these questions. He started out pissed about discovery not being all turned in. He stated in never yakes this long as slowly he changed into a lawyer who doesnt call when he says he will. Changes things he says he was going to do and his idea on evidence makes no sense at all. Why would you leave out important evidence ....and all the very basic evidence has been ignored and he doesnt feel its good to push. The facts of this case are truly unbelievable and never would i have know basic rights could be difficult to get. This attorney works with this group everyday .out of this courthouse. I should have known this is how they operate. My concern is finding someone to take on this. I have a real case. I have a retirement montly i can make payments but this has taken everything else I had. Im sad that this happens and that a few in law enforcement and high postions can do this to cover up what they are doing which actually has nothing to do with me. Please tell me who do I call...i want to go straight to the media its a good story but how do I do it right and win my case and my life back. They have taken so much. This lawyer is not staying my lawyer but how do i take on this and get the truth out...its very scary to do
And the name of your state is ... ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">