• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ckyiu516

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello everyone. Here is my problem and I need advice on my next step.

I am in an ugly divorce case which many are. I am a single mother supporting herself and son. I work two jobs and I am an honest person.

I had two attorneys so far for my divorce case, the first one did not help me at all so I hired a new one.

The opposing attorney falsified bunch of documents that I believe would have made a different outcome on my part on the final judgement. My now attorney knew of this but did not let the judge know. So the judge took the rest of the documents and came back with a decision. One of the thing that I have an issue is that the opposing attorney hid the Gambling debt that was suppose to count as the community property debt (sorry, I do not know the exact term). My attorney adviced me not to appeal but I do not want to be cheated on. It is not about the money, but they lied and falsified documents and lied through the eye.

My problem is, can I file a formal complaint to the State Bar of California on my attorney for knowingly but not help me speak to the Judge? Can I file a complaint on the opposing attorney?

Thanks a million for all your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">