• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justinwcorley

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I currently live in AZ, but the issue occurred in WA. I was charged with a Domestic violence, but what happened in the court room was ridiculous. I plead not guilty to the domestic violence and was released til try but a no contact order was issued. The day I go back to court my gf at the the time the victim and my son came to my court date. I was at the door to the court room first, but the waiting room was packed and my gf and son came in also. we get into the court room and my son who hasnt seen me comes over and starts talking to me. My gf comes over and sits down. I told her to go sit somewhere else because of the no contact order but she doesnt pay attention to what I say. The public defender doesnt call my name so I ask him whats going on and he says that he doesnt have me on his list and that I need to go talk to the prosecution. I walk over and talk to the prosecution and the prosecution points over and ask if the people sitting over where I was, was my son and gf. I said yes they came came in and sat next to me. The prosecution makes me go sit in the jury box and tells me that Im being arrested for breaking the no contact order. The judge let this happen, and no one even gave me a chance to explain in the court rooms. I went to jail and then went to court again, This time the prosecution offered a deal plead guilty to the DV and they would drop the breaking the no contact order. I told my public defender that I didnt feel I was guilty, and that I didnt want to plead guilty. He convinced me to take the deal by stating that I would receive the max and that I couldnt win and ect. I ended up taking the offer. Later on I found out that I was wronged in so many ways. My question is do I have a legit case if I want to sue the municipal court or the parties involved and would it be worth pursuing. Thank you for your time.

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I currently live in AZ, but the issue occurred in WA. I was charged with a Domestic violence, but what happened in the court room was ridiculous. I plead not guilty to the domestic violence and was released til try but a no contact order was issued. The day I go back to court my gf at the the time the victim and my son came to my court date. I was at the door to the court room first, but the waiting room was packed and my gf and son came in also. we get into the court room and my son who hasnt seen me comes over and starts talking to me. My gf comes over and sits down. I told her to go sit somewhere else because of the no contact order but she doesnt pay attention to what I say. The public defender doesnt call my name so I ask him whats going on and he says that he doesnt have me on his list and that I need to go talk to the prosecution. I walk over and talk to the prosecution and the prosecution points over and ask if the people sitting over where I was, was my son and gf. I said yes they came came in and sat next to me. The prosecution makes me go sit in the jury box and tells me that Im being arrested for breaking the no contact order. The judge let this happen, and no one even gave me a chance to explain in the court rooms. I went to jail and then went to court again, This time the prosecution offered a deal plead guilty to the DV and they would drop the breaking the no contact order. I told my public defender that I didnt feel I was guilty, and that I didnt want to plead guilty. He convinced me to take the deal by stating that I would receive the max and that I couldnt win and ect. I ended up taking the offer. Later on I found out that I was wronged in so many ways. My question is do I have a legit case if I want to sue the municipal court or the parties involved and would it be worth pursuing. Thank you for your time.

You were released "til try?" What does that mean? "My girlfriend at the time the victim?" What does that mean? Sounds like you're acknowledging your guilt.

You could sue, but it would cost you thousands, and it's highly unlikely that you would win.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">