• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ejdruckman

What is the name of your state?GA but filed in Santa Cruz, California.
I retained a lawyer almost a year ago in california for a paternity action. TO this day i have only spoken to him twice last time being 6 months ago. I send emails that i know he reads, and leave messages with his office. i have even scheduled time for a teleconference but that didnt work out either. I have never even recieved a statement from him.
About 5 days ago for some strange reason i called the santa cruz court house to see if my attorney had done anything for my case. It turned out he did file something about 6 months ago, and they also informed me there is a hearing on monday 26 of july. There was no way i was going to make it to california, and i couldnt get ahold of my attorney to see if he was going to show up. I finally sent a letter to the judge stating that no matter what happens i intend to go forward with the case. And if my attorney does show up tell him to call me.
So my question is what are my options for dealing with my current attorney i can not afford to retain another attorney since my current attorney has my money. I think he may have damaged the paternity action by not acting in a timely manner he has made my case nearly impossible or at lease very diffucult and expensive. Also he never filed a breach of contract lawsuit like i asked him to and i think that the SOL have come and gone. I need help. and i need to find and attorney my will let me make payments. Any ideas????

jaycee bloom

look for an attorney in your state. as far as i know, there are lawyers that don't ask for any payments unless you've won your case so you don't have to worry about your finances. at least through your new lawyer, you'll be able to know the best step that you're going to take against your sneaky lawyer.

Happy Trails

jaycee bloom said:
look for an attorney in your state. as far as i know, there are lawyers that don't ask for any payments unless you've won your case so you don't have to worry about your finances. at least through your new lawyer, you'll be able to know the best step that you're going to take against your sneaky lawyer.
Side note to Jaycee Bloom, you are violating the terms and conditions of this site and need to remove you advertising link.

FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting or the qualifications of any person responding. Use of the Forums is subject to our Terms and Conditions which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages, or false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, or harassing messages, and subject violators to a fee for each improper posting. All postings reflect the views of the author but become the property of FreeAdvice. Information on FreeAdvice or a Forum should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction who you have retained to represent you. To locate an attorney visit AttorneyPages.com. Copyright since 1995 by Advice Company. All Rights Reserved. Home Improvement questions? Visit our affiliate DoItYourself.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">