• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help, ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

citiba

Good evening. My lawyer has sent a request to end his representation of me in the middle of a case. He cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reasons why he should be dismissed from the case. The case is a divorce and I need this man to continue representing me. He has no ground to claim differences what so ever. I need advice, PLEASE. What can I do in the courts to prevent this?

Proserpina

Good evening. My lawyer has sent a request to end his representation of me in the middle of a case. He cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reasons why he should be dismissed from the case. The case is a divorce and I need this man to continue representing me. He has no ground to claim differences what so ever. I need advice, PLEASE. What can I do in the courts to prevent this?

Where are you located?

Very generally, you cannot force an attorney to represent you if he goes about things the right way.

HOWEVER. There are occasions - according to our very own OG - where an attorney MUST continue representation.

Without knowing the details, it's difficult to comment further.

HomeGuru

**A: find another attorney asap.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">